Thursday, April 9, 2009

My in laws are so inappropriate

We have a website for our son, a wonderful free site for people who have or are dealing with a critical illness. My husband usually updates the site after treatment day, which was yesterday. And my in laws (you know my mother in law who hates me 4 no reason) usually sign it after these updates. So the last time my mother in law signed the guestbook she conveniently forgot to include me in all the praise she was giving my husband for becoming an expert at giving shots etc.... Do these people think I don't notice the snubs.

So I am one of those people who sorta forgives but never forgets.

One example of previous rudeness: The last time we got together with the in laws for Christmas, my toddler's 1st Christmas, his parents said we were not going to exchange gifts. What they really meant was we are not going to get our daughter in law who we hate 4 no reason a gift but we will get gifts for everyone else!! And even though I obviously don't get along with this woman who snubs me every freakin chance she gets that Christmas I actually made her a bracelet and earrings (I was totally into making jewelry at the time because I am a true ADHD crafter). Now I would think here the mother in law would think, wow I totally didn't get her anything, even though I got my son and grandson stuff, and here she made me this nice bracelet and earrings, maybe she's not so bad after all. Of course that is not at all what happened. What gives?

And ok so they wanted to make sure I knew they didn't like me, but that was before I had a child with leukemia, you would think a person would have some compassion but that is so not the case as you will see.

So my husband's dad has shingles, which his mom totally tried to guilt my husband into believing the shingles were brought on by the stress he had created in their lives by being married to a woman they hate 4 no reason. Anyway, during the first week after we found out our son had leukemia we were in the hospital for more than a week during which my mom and my husband's parents were staying at our house. During a time when my mom was at the hospital I mentioned that my father in law had shingles and my mom was like well you know that is highly contagious and out in cali they quarantine people with shingles. So we spoke to the doctors about it and my husband and I decided we were not comfortable with his dad coming back up to the floor. Let me explain about the floor we were on, this floor has only 8 beds and it is exclusively for children who have cancer or other blood disorders, most of these kids are getting chemo and are imunocompromised. But when my husband had this conversation with his parents his mom was like, well we will just leave then and of course made it all about her and her husband. I was shocked and appalled. So my mom, who is a nurse, tried to sit down and have a conversation with them about this situation back at our house, like how you can help out even without coming to the hospital and things of that nature. Well she was very unpleasantly surprised by my mother in law's reaction. Which went a little something like this,Well we are not that kind of people, We haven't even been talking to them in a year and we had to cancel plans to come down here, yada yada and more ugliness!!

So my mother probably shouldn't have told me what my mother in law said but what's done is done.

And so it never ends, this woman snubs me whenever she gets the chance, maybe she doesn't know she's doing it but either way it still gets to me. And how can she not know? Ugh it is hard when your mother in law hates you 4 no reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment