Sunday, April 19, 2009

Bruises

Yesterday we noticed many bruises on our little guy. Unexplainable bruising is what sent us to the doctor the day Holden was diagnosed with Leukemia. The bruising went away after his first platelet transfusion and he hasn't had any until now. I noticed a bruise on his forearm last week but it seemed like he could have gotten it from a fall or that it could be explained in some way. I try not to get stressed out about all of these things over which I have no control because when I get really stressed I tend to become immobilized.

I imagine that I am not the only parent of a child with leukemia whose greatest fear is that the cancer is no longer responding to the treatment. The treatment we are getting currently, weekly multiple doses of chemotherapy, is hard but it is not the hardest possible treatment. I try hard to not let my mind go there, maybe too hard but he is my precious baby and I just cannot imagine .........

No comments:

Post a Comment