Monday, April 6, 2009

Getting Started

Well, my small child was diagnosed with Leukemia January 23,2009. About day 2 I realized that my husband and I could not do this alone, we needed help. Neither of us had been talking to our parents for the past year or so (because my mom ain't right and because my mother in law hates me for no reason) but I called my mom and told my husband he should call his parents.

My mom, after initially trying to make it all about herself, made it about me and got the down here from CA as soon as she could.

My husband's parents were complete jerks. My husband was so choked up that he couldn't even get the words out so I took the phone and told his mom that our precious little toddler had leukemia. And his mother started to ask ridiculous questions like "Well Annie don't you just wonder where this comes from, is it a virus, yada yada like that", no, oh my god I am so sorry is there anything we can do for you, nothing. Finally after my husband practically begged them they came from Charleston to Greenville, about a 3hr drive. And of course once they were here they were anything but helpful!! Their kind of help we DON'T NEED! They are the kind of parents who wonder what their kids have done to help them out lately instead of what they could do to help their kids out.

Like I said, I have a toddler with Leukemia and I'm trying to keep working so I don't have a lot of time but my mother in law seriously hates me for no reason and she let that be an excuse to not be there for her son when he needed her the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment